Making some progress…..

I have made some progress on some of the home renovations that I have wanted to do for years. It’s just not the progress I want to be making. lol. I would love to have most, if not all, of my Victorian undergarments made, but I have opted to get some areas of the house made over, finally. We have ordered some new flooring for the main part of the house, so we can finally get rid of the 20 year old carpet. The only thing is that the flooring we picked is so popular, it won’t be in until the end of the month…. and we ordered it last month. So, I will be taking time off at the beginning of June to get it installed. I can’t wait, I’m so excited! The other renovations I have made was to the laundry room. After purchasing a new washer and dryer just before Christmas, that tiny room (and I mean tiny, it’s only 5′ by 7′) was in shambles. Since I bought front loading machines, and wanted them stacked, we had to take down the one wire shelf that was in there. That left no where for the stuff on the shelf to go, except into the entry area, and on my travel sewing table. Then, the hubby didn’t want to try to put machines where I wanted them, and I had to leave them sitting in the middle of the room. That meant that my travel table had to go in front of the door to the garage, to be a make shift station for the detergents and stuff. Yeah. That room was barely functional. Here is what it looked like:

20170504_120424

Tiny, drab, and positively no room. Blah! So, the weekend of April 29th, I dove in with some paint, new flooring (peel and stick tile since it’s just the laundry room), a new light fixture and some determination. Here is how it looked by the end of the day:

20170423_141511

Much better, right? The only help I had with it was when the hubby helped me move the machines out into the entry area, and when the Teenaged Attitude helped by handing me the tiles and I laid them. She did dive in at the end and help with the outer edge that needed special cut pieces. I taught her out to do that without wasting bunch of tiles. Oh! and the hubby helped me install the new light fixture. Which I loved so much, I bought another one to replace the outdated and malfunctioning fixture in the hall. As you can see there is plenty of space to the right of the machines, and some white shelves leaning against the wall. I got those installed this past weekend, and that helped greatly with all the extra stuff in the kitchen that isn’t used daily. Now, to get the rest of the main area of the house ready over the next couple of weeks for the new flooring, and, to get motivated on getting the sewing room finished up. Hopefully, I can get down there soon to start sewing. That would be so nice. Well, until next time…. Happy Sewing!

Advertisements