Sewing Apron

Date Started: February 11, 2012
Date Finished: February 11, 2012
Pattern Used: Simplicity 9333 (Out of Print)
Material Used: cotton toile
Notions Used: None

This was a quick, easy and impromtu project. Since I rearranged the sewing room, and the table is not in the center of the floor, I wanted a way to keep most of my tools on me (scissors, markers, tailor’s pen, etc.), and this was the perfect way to do this. I used this pattern to make a kitchen apron in 2002, and still had it in my pattern stash. I made the short apron, without the bib attachment, and added a pleated multi pocket to the front. The fabric I used was cotton toile, and I had to use 2 different one, as I didn’t have enough of either to make the whole thing. I used an uphostery weight for the “skirt” of the apron, and a quilting weight for the waitband, ties and pocket. Since I used the pleated multi pocket, I was able to customize the size of each pocket for what I wanted.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s