Date Started:October 14, 2011
Date Finished: October 15, 2011
Pattern Used: My own
Materials: Black corduroy & Turquoise flannel
September 10, 2011 – Because I need another!
While shopping for a pattern for a dress for Katie’s home coming, I found the corduroy and flannel on sale. I decided that I needed another driving cape. The black corduroy spoke to me, and the turquoise flannel jumped off the shelf and into my cart, how could I say no? lol. I picked up some La Mode Vintage buttons in a 1920’s style leaf pattern. I will be starting this, right after Katie’s dress, as a reward. 😉
October 17, 2011 – That was quick, as always
After getting Katie’s dress all but done (just needed to fit her for the zipper, and she was at the football game), I got started on cutting the material. Everything was cut and laid aside within an hour. Saturday morning, after hemming Katie’s sheer drape and making her a purse from some scrap satin, I started working on my cape. It took me about 30 minutes to sew the lining together, and about 30 minutes to sew the outside together. I was about half way through pinning the two layers together when Katie popped in for the final fitting. After finishing her up, I was able to keep working. The pinning portion took about 30 mintes. Another hour saw it sewn, turned right side out, lay flat top stitch done, button holes complete, and I was able to sit and hand sew on all 6 of the shank buttons. With this one done, I would love to make one from some nice wool coating, with a silk lining in either black on black, or navy on powder blue. But, we shall see. 😉