Date Started: September 2, 2012
Date Finished: September 3, 2012
Pattern Used: Franken-pattern (read below)
Material Used: Bleached Muslin 100% cotton
Notions Used: (Make Your Own) Fabric cover buttons
September 9, 2012 – A lovely new dress!
I decided that I wanted a white dress for the annual picnic. I picked a cross front design with back closures. I had a lovely Indian Pashmina shawl that I wanted to wear, so I chose to make my dress in white. To save time, I decided to pieces and parts of other patterns, rather than draft. I also decided that I wanted to incorporate tucks somewhere on my dress. So, for the bodice I used the center back and side back pattern pieces from Simplicity 4055, the sleeve from Period Patterns 1770’s Polonaise and the front from McCall’s 6557. I needed very little altering for the bodice, as I knew all the pattern pieces would fit well. I used the Cover Your Own buttons for the closures. For the skirts, I draped them as usual and made two 1″ tucks near the bottom. I am very pleased with the way this dress turned out. One more garment to mark off of my Regency Wardrobe list.