2016 Year in Review

2016 was not a productive year by most standards, when it comes to my sewing projects, but compared to the several years prior, it was a great year. I started to thinking about the project list I set for myself for this year, and how much of I didn’t finish. Then, I started thinking of how much I did get finished, and how for the several years before I had barely sewn at all. It was very good year in the sewing room after all. So, I thought I would take a look back at what I had wanted to accomplish, and at what I actually did accomplish:

The 2016 Costume Plan
1. 1912 Walking Suit – This is a costume that I have been trying to make since 2013. I nearly finished it this year. I only have a corset, the jacket and the skirt to make for it.

2. 1887 Mourning Dress – A newer project to the list. Never even had a chance to get past the beginning of the planning phase.

3. Great Gatsby Dress – A project that was planned for 2013. We had all planned to wear 20’s dresses to go to see the movie when it premiered, but none of us made it.

4. Regency Half Robe Set – I had bought about 3 yds of two matching fabrics and planned on making a matching set of half robes to wear over an under dress. Well, this goal was mostly met. I did get the under dress and one of the half robes made.

5. 1950’s Christmas Dress – I just wanted to make a lovely dress for the Christmas season. I was going to postpone this project until 2017, but then got it in mind to try to make for this year’s company Christmas party. I almost hit the mark, too. If I had just decided to start a week to two earlier, it would’ve been done. As it currently stands, I just need to attach the sleeves to the bodice, attach the skirts to the bodice, hem the skirts, and make the cumberbund.

Now, for what I did actually accomplish this year:

Mostly finished blouse

Mostly finished blouse

The Gibson Girl blouse for  my 1912 Walking suit.

Folkwear # 203 - Camisole

A full set of Edwardian undergarments, minus the corset.

Wow! Looking good, Jane! Looking good!

1910’s Wearing History blouse.

20160513_072445

1910’s Wearing History Suit

20160528_154910

1950’s Tispy Tea Dress.

fb_img_1474854378648

Regency Half Robe with under dress, along with a new chemise and stays.

All in all, a total of 13 individual garments completed. Not bad after a three year dry spell.

Now, time to look forward to my planned sewing list for 2017. What do I want to do in the new year? Let’s have a look, shall we?

  1. Finish the 1912 Walking Suit
  2. Finish the 1950’s Christmas Dress
  3. Sew the 2nd Regency Half Robe
  4. Finally make the Great Gatsby Dress
  5. Sew the Late Bustle Era Emerald Green Dress
  6. Sew a new set of Victorian undergarments, along with a bustle

There is the list, so far. No doubt that it will grow and change through out the year. It looks to be a fun list of goals for the year. How did you do this year? What’s on your list for the new year? Comment and share. I would love to hear what your goals are for the new year.

Be sure to drop back by in the new year. I’ll have lots more My Fave 5 Fridays, along with progress on my sewing list. Until then….. Happy Sewing! And, Happy New Year!

Advertisements

One thought on “2016 Year in Review

  1. You did better than I did. I made the “muslin” copy of a dress and only pinned the completed top (minus the zipper) to the skirt. Tried it on not too long ago and unfortunately it doesn’t fit anymore. Somehow I’ve expanded. Imagine that. But at least some of the quilts have been finished or are nearing completion.
    Happy New Year

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s