Just a small post to say that since I’m not able to start on my Victorian costume, I have decided to experiment on a few embroidery designs for my cotehardie project. I retrieved a couple of packs of linen, some embroidery floss and an embroidery ring. I have been looking over several designs that I want to try a practice run at to see if I will like them, and to see if they are fitting enough for this project. So far, I have decided that I would like to make a belt that has an embroidered design along the entire length. From the designs I have looked at, I am leaning toward a vining design of oak leaves and acorns. For the cotehardie itself, I have a scrolling flower design in mind. For this design, I has use the jewel tone floss you see in the picture to the left.
Also, for this project, Angie brought me some pretties from a previous order. Every once in a while, her supplier gets a limited supply of 100% linen, at a very low price. Here is what I was able to get in that order: 1 – 15 yd bolt of turquoise, 1 – 15 yd bolt of navy, 1 – 15 yd bolt of natural and 1 – 15 yd bolt of burgundy. I was thinking of using the natural for my undergown, and the turquoise and burgundy for my cotehardie. I’m not sure what I’ll use the navy for, but I’ll find something.
In other activities around the house, Jane had acted out, again! lol. Short after my last post, Jane decided that she was going to get even with me for implying that she was fat. She ripped one of my shelves off the wall. It just happened to be the shelf that held about 4 boxes of commercial patterns, and all of the costumes. I now have to find a way to reattach it to the wall. Thanks a lot, Jane! 😉